We have come to know that your Hp Printer Not Scanning properly. This is why you are looking a little sad and tense. In this guide, we have arranged everything to fix all the issues for you.
If you need anything then do call our technicians who have years of experience. They are able to solve all the issues in a short possible time. So, don’t worry and pick up your phone and call our technicians now.
Why Is Hp Printer Not Scanning?
It’s not always clear why the Hp printer not printing or scanning properly. We have identified a few reasons behind this issue like printer cables, internet connection, internet printer settings, outdated firmware, etc.
Other similar terms related to Hp Printer Not scanning are scanner not detected, the scanner won’t scan, etc.
You don’t have to worry about anything because in this guide all of your issues will be fixed.
How Do You Fix When Hp Printer Not Scanning To Computer?
Here are some of the solutions that help you to fix the trouble. So, you don’t have to stress much, just apply all the steps in the given order.
- Check all the cables connected to the scanner.
- Enable WIA(windows image acquisition) service and associated services.
- Update the drive of your scanner.
- Troubleshoot all the hardware problems.
- Run the system file checker.
Don’t worry, we are going to explain all of these points one by one.
1. Check All The Cables Connected To The Scanner
If you are trying to use your scanner again and again but fail every other time then make sure that the power is turned ON or not.
After checking it, you should check all the cables connecting the scanner. Many times the cables of the printer do not connect properly. This is why we want you to disconnect all the cables and then connect them again.
Also, don’t forget to replace the USB cable that is not currently working. For any additional help, you can dial out Hp Printer Helpline Number.
2. Enable WIA and associated services
Let us tell you that WIA is a model presented by Microsoft that allows graphics software to deal with imaging hardware like cameras and scanners.
This is why we recommend you enable the WIA services when you have found Hp Printer Not Scanning. Follow the steps provided below:
- Open the run box on your windows by pressing the Windows and R keys together.
- When the Run box will be opened, type services.msc and then press Ok.
- Scroll down until you will not see the name of WIA on the list.
- Ensure the startup type in the popup name and set it to automatic. Set the service status to running.
- In case you have found the service status is already in running mode then click on stop.
- Click on apply and then don’t forget to save the settings.
- Try to restart your computer system and printer. Check now if the issue of the hp printer not feeding paper properly is resolved or not.
3. Update The Driver Of The Scanner
If you will not update the driver of the scanner or the printer you may have to face issues like this. Here, we are going to tell you how to update the driver of the scanner manually and automatically.
How To Update The Driver Of The Scanner Manually?
To update the driver of the scanner manually, go to the official website of the scanner manufacturer. Find the latest driver there for your scanner and then install it directly to your computer. It may require some time and some good computer skills.
How To Update The Driver Of The Scanner Automatically?
In case you don’t have enough time to update the driver of the scanner manually then download the driver easily. With the help of this software, you can easily and quickly update the driver for your scanner.
You can easily download the driver’s software directly from the web. In case you will face any kind of issue then our helpline numbers are round the clock available.
4. Troubleshoot The Problem Of The Hardware
It may also be possible that there is something not good with your scanner. So, you can take the help of a troubleshooter to fix all the issues.
- Open the windows search bar and type cmd.
- When a new window will be opened, select Run as administrator.
- Write the command into the bar and then follow the on-screen instructions and troubleshoot the issue of Hp Printer Not Scanning.
5. Run The System File Checker
It is the inbuilt windows feature that helps to scan all the corrupted system files. With the help of this software, all the files are repaired automatically.
The reason why your hp printer not grabbing paper and Hp printer not scanning is because of corrupted system files. To try SFC to fix the issue, follow the steps that have been provided below:
- Open the run box again and type cmd, open the command prompt, and then proceed further to select “run as administrator”.
- When the command prompt will be opened, type “scannow” and move further.
- Wait until the verification will be completed.
- Once the whole process will be completed then type exit and close the window.
- After following all the commands, you need to restart the computer system. After doing that, your scanner will start working like before.
- For any other kind of help, you can call our experts who are waiting eagerly to hear from you.
Two More Words…
In this troubleshooting guide, we have told you all the mandatory steps that are required to fix the issue of Hp Printer Not Scanning. We hope that you have tried all the steps and are now using your printer.
For any additional help related to your Hp Printer scanner you can dial the given helpline number. We have a team of dedicated technicians who are waiting for your call eagerly. So, without thinking much dial the helpline number.